Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Beauty Wednesday: Vita Liberata Rapid 'Light as Air' Tanning Mousse

Hello, and happy Wednesday! :) We've made it halfway through the week!

I've been hearing a lot of hype around Vita Liberta's tanning products so I thought I would try one out for myself. I chose a product that I hadn't seen reviewed yet through any of the YouTubers I watch, and I haven't seen Vita Liberata post a review of it on Instagram yet so I figured this was the best thing to do in order to get an unbiased opinion from me.

Vita Liberata Rapid Tinted Mousse
From the products that I have seen reviewed, they're all great! They give a beautiful dark bronze tan that looks even and natural. I love St. Tropez, but being that I only have the Classic shade, it doesn't get too dark without me layering it, which I typically don't have the time to do. I found the Vita Liberata tanning product that lets you choose how dark you want the tan to go by how long you keep it on before rinsing. It's called the Rapid 'Light as Air' Tinted Mousse. The instructions say that you apply it evenly to your skin and leave it on from 1 to 3 hours, or longer, depending on how dark you want the tan to be. 1 hour should leave you with a light tan, 2 hours should be medium, and 3 hours should be dark, and it will obviously get darker from there.

When I received this product, I couldn't wait to try it out. I said I would try it over the weekend, but I actually tried it the day after receiving it when I got home from work. The mousse applies evenly and blends easily with a tanning mitt. It had kind of a deep olive-toned color guard to it so you know where you've applied the product and you don't keep layering by accident. Once the product was applied, I noticed that it didn't have any fragrance to it, which I liked and thought was a good feature. It did get sticky, though. This product doesn't really dry to the fullest extent...especially on your arms and behind your knees.

I figured with my first try, and the fact that I've never had a "dark" self tanned look before, that I would leave the product on for 3 hours. The color guard definitely got dark, and it became a gorgeous bronze color throughout the waiting period. Of course, it's a color guard so it shows every little spot on your body so even though the color was nice, the way it made the texture of your skin look wasn't great, but that part isn't important. LoL After the three hours was up, I rinsed off the product. I saw it all wash off and down the drain. I used a body wash lightly so the scent of the tan developing would wash away (yes, you still smell funky as the tan develops, which is a good thing because that means the product is working). When I got out of the shower, I didn't look much darker than I started...and I have pretty fair skin. The most I noticed is that you couldn't see the pink/red in my skin much anymore, but other than that, nothing changed.

Before and after from when I kept it on for 5 hours
My before looks darker than the after
I figured maybe 3 hours wasn't long enough for my skin tone to hold the pigment. When I tried it out again, it was that weekend, and I posted everything on Snapchat and Instagram to show the results I got. I left the product on for 5 hours this time...and I got the same result. My before and after shots look so much the same...you just don't see the pink in my skin on the after photo. Given, I was happy with the way it turned out to be even with a bronze tone to hide the pink, but after a while of sitting and thinking about it, I became pretty disappointed in the results I got. When the product says that after 3 hours you should have a dark tan, and I waited 5 hours to wash the product off this time and the tan is still barely existent, there's something wrong to me. Plus, when I actually looked at my before and after photo, my before picture looked TANNER than my after. I figured it was because of the redness...but I'm not so sure anymore.

I could toss this up to my skin not holding pigment, but it does. I've used many other self tanners in the past, including going to tanning salons for spray tans and tanning in tanning beds, and my skin tans perfectly fine and holds all the sunless tanning pigments from every product I've used. Maybe it's just this particular product that doesn't work for me because, as I said earlier, I've heard so many good reviews on Vita Liberata's products so I can't imagine that they all wouldn't work for me.

As for this product, I'm rating it about a 4/10. It applies easily, it blends easily, and there's no fragrance to the product itself. It left a bronze tone so it does something, it just didn't do what it promised me it would. I definitely want to try their other products, though...mainly to see if they all don't work for my skin or if it's just this product. I'm definitely not letting this one bad experience keep me from trying out the rest of the brand that I've heard so much hype about. :)

Anyways, that's it for this blog! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram (@ktparte) ESPECIALLY now that they have a My Stories feature...which is basically SnapChat on Instagram. I'll be doing all my mini reviews and updates through there as opposed to SnapChat. :)

Have a great day everyone! ðŸ’‹



No comments:

Post a Comment