Monday, August 8, 2016

Makeup Monday: ColourPop Ultra Metallics - Part 2

Hello everyone, and Happy Monday! Is it just me or did the weekend just go by super fast??? I feel like today should still be Sunday....hmmmm.

New ColourPop Ultra Metallics


Anyways, I am back with another ColourPop review! This one is to review their SECOND launch of four new Ultra Metallics Liquid Lipsticks! :) I was so excited when I found out they made found more shades that were lighter than the first set...and I recently found out that they've made three more new shades, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get my hands on those beauties. So for now, let's review the newest shades: Salt, Lights Out, Flitter, and JIC.




Salt




Salt is probably my favorite shade of all of them! It's a very bronze color compared to the rest. It reminds me of Zebra and Man Eater if you mixed them together and lightened them up. The formula is awesome, and the texture is a silky-creamy texture like the first batch. This color stays on VERY well...and I mean that as in when I swatched the colors on my arm, Salt left the most color when I removed them all with makeup remover. Salt is no joke! LoL







Lights Out





Lights out is a very rich golden color. This color I probably wouldn't wear out anywhere unless it was blended with something else under it to kind of ease up the gold. It reminded me of a color you would wear if you were dressing as Cleopatra. It's very beautiful, but just not something for me for an every day kind of look.  The formula of this one is the same as the rest and so is the texture, which means this is going to be a comfortable and long-wearing color, too. :)

Flitter



Flitter has a very pretty pinkish purple iridescence to it's golden finish. In the light, this color looks gold, but when you're looking at it straight on or at a shaded angle, it's an even more pretty color. I was worried that this was looked just like Lights Out, but it definitely has a difference to it. I love the dual colors! Again, formula and texture are the same, and it lasts a long time on your lips.





JIC

JIC is probably the one that stands out to me as the most different in the bunch. It's more of a silver-toned color, and it has more glitter in it...and I mean like...actual bigger bits of glitter. This doesn't make it uncomfortable to wear by any means, but you can definitely tell the difference in its texture when you press your lips together. It looks gorgeous on its own, but it would also make a beautiful topper on top of a color...especially a pink, purple, red, blue, or even a black color. It's versatile in the way it can be use, which is awesome, and it is also going to stay on all day!



I really can't say enough good things about these babies, and I'm honestly shocked that I was able to keep this post on the shorter side. I figured they are pretty much the same as my initial review on the darker shades, so I didn't want to repeat that whole thing all over again. This is more of my review of how the colors look, wear, and feel, and they're all amazing!  All of these shades are absolutely a 10/10 for me, and I would always recommend them!

Keep an eye out for the three new shades - Pyt, DM, and Mugshot! The release date isn't known (or at least I don't know it) at this time, but they're gorgeous! Check out @colourpop and @colourpoptrend on Instagram for swatches to see what they look like! You can also check out all of the other amazing products that ColourPop has to offer at their website!

That wraps it up for this Makeup Monday Review! As always...don't forget to follow me on Instagram @ktparte to keep up with all my latest updates and mini-reviews! I hope everyone has a wonderful day! ðŸ’‹



No comments:

Post a Comment