Monday, August 15, 2016

Mask Monday: Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask

Hello everyone, and happy Monday! :) I know Monday's are usually makeup reviews, but I'm still waiting for the new stuff to come in so I can do a first impressions kind of review. Plus, what I do have that I haven't blogged about I probably just haven't used enough to blog about them. LoL So I figured today I could go over the Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask that's been spreading like wildfire throughout YouTube channels and other blogs! If you haven't heard about this yet, then get ready because this is a really fun product to use and talk about!

I first heard about this mask through Tina Yong's YouTube channel, and I heard about it again through Tati Westbrooks' YouTube channel...so of course I had to finally test this sucker out for myself! :) From their reviews, the main complaint was how messy it was and that you shouldn't apply the mask really thick like they did in order to avoid getting many more bubbles than you would want on your face. I kept this in mind when I got it and tested it out for myself. Yes...I do have pictures! ;)

When I first opened the product, I saw that it came with a little plastic spatula and that the inner lid was sealed pretty well. Actually, it was sealed so well that I thought there was some special trick to open it that I didn't know about! I ended up just having to pull up on it really hard to finally get it open. I can understand why this would need to be packaged like this since the air will make the mask bubble. The thinner the layer of this product on anything, the faster it will start to bubble.

Once I got it opened, it was exactly like I expected after seeing the reviews of this product before...it was a gray clay mask. It wasn't dense at all. It felt more like a cream, I guess you could say. Since both reviews said not to apply it thick, I made sure I only took a small amount onto the spatula to apply, and I realized quickly that you don't need a lot of this product to cover a large area. Of course, since it wasn't a thick layer being applied, it started to bubble on my skin pretty fast while I was still applying it to the rest of my face. I didn't mind this as this had happened in the reviews, as well.

Do I look pretty yet? :-P 
Once I got done with the application, I had to wait five minutes before the next step. It was so cool having this mask on because you could hear the bubbles, and you could see the mask transform right before your eyes. Basically, if you ever played with bubbles from a bubble bath by making yourself look like Santa, this pretty much resembled that. LoL The bubbles weren't as big, of course, but the look was kind of the same! ;)

After five minutes, the instructions tell you to use a little water (like...wet your fingers) and massage the bubbles into your skin for two more minutes. By the way...none of the instructions on the box are English so you'll probably need to either follow someone else's review or check for the instructions on Google. Back to where I left off, I massaged the bubbles in completely, but I wanted to see if the mask would bubble up again if I left it alone. It did a very little bit and only in a couple of spots. I'm thinking because I didn't apply such a heavy layer that the mask pretty much bubbled as much as it was going to so I went ahead and rinsed it off.

It actually took quite a bit of time to rinse the mask off my face. This had to do with the fact that it kept bubbling as you washed it off. I guess the water mixing through it made it bubble, too. LoL Once it was completely gone, my skin actually felt really good! It felt clean and refreshed, and I noticed that I did lose quite a good amount of blackheads around my nose. This mask will leave your skin feeling pretty dry, and it may make your skin a little red so I recommend moisturizing not too long after you dry your face off to help soothe your skin back to normal.

I wouldn't recommend this mask to anyone with dry and/or sensitive skin. I think the level of dryness at the end won't do any good for these skin types, and with the redness that can occur on any skin type, I'm thinking it may be worse if you have sensitive skin. Otherwise, this product is great! I can see it being great for anyone with normal to oily or combo skin. :)

I would rate this product about a 7/10. I love it, but the packaging, I think, could be made to be a little easier to open, and it won't be great for all skin types. It is really messy, as the reviews I've seen had told me, and it takes a good minute to wash it all off, but it is a really great mask. It's a fun one, too, and you really can't go too horribly wrong with fun products! ^_^

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @ktparte to see my live reviews! I did one for this mask when I tried it out so I hope you got to see it! If not, there will be plenty more occasions to catch!

I hope you enjoyed this review! Have a great Monday everyone!!! ðŸ’‹

No comments:

Post a Comment