Monday, August 1, 2016

Makeup Monday: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Pallet

Hello again everyone, and happy Makeup Monday! I hope everyone's week is starting out well...as well as a Monday can start, anyways. :)  Today's post is going to be my review on the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Pallet!

Anyone who knows the brand Too Faced is typically very familiar with their eye shadow pallets. There are so many to name, but when it comes to the ones like the Chocolate Bar pallet, they have three different kinds: the regular one, the Semi-Sweet Chocolate pallet, and the Chocolate Bon Bons pallet. This review will be on the regular one, since that one had the most neutral shades that would go best with my eye color.

Here we go!

Chocolate Bar Pallet with the look book
This line of pallets is so unique! One of the things I love about my Chocolate Bar pallet is that the shadows actually SMELL like chocolate! I'm such a chocoholic that I could literally just sit and smell this pallet all day! The whole reason that the pallets smell like chocolate is because they're made with cocoa extract as an ingredient, which provides antioxidant benefits. Of course, once you apply the shadows, you won't smell like chocolate...so that's good, too...I guess. LoL

One thing that I loved when I opened up my pallet was that it came with a little book with three different looks you can make with the shades included: Hot Cocoa, Semi-Sweet, and Milk Chocolate. There are 16 shades in this pallet, some shimmer and some matte, so you definitely have a really good assortment to play around with on your own. I, personally, don't have the creativity to come up with own stuff a lot so this book was really handy. It tells you exactly what shades to use and where to apply them. One big reason I bought some drugstore eye shadow pallets was because it would tell you exactly how and where to apply the shadow, so this pallet really started winning me over when I saw that Too Faced did the same thing with their high end pallet.

Hot Cocoa
For those who follow me on Snapchat and Instagram, you may have seen when I posted the snaps and pictures of myself applying these looks. I didn't have great lighting at all, but I feel like they came out looking pretty decent. The pigment to these shadows are amazing, and the colors are so easy to apply and blend or pack on to the lid. Every shadow has a very satin texture to them so they feel super soft during application. The snaps I took of me applying the shadows pretty much showed how the color just went on so easily without a whole lot of effort. I did all three looks from the booklet that came with the pallet, and I was pretty happy with the outcomes of all of them. I think my favorite look was Semi-Sweet because it included the cute baby pink shadow with the browns to bring out a little pop of color. I loved the looks for Hot Cocoa and Milk Chocolate, too, even though I wouldn't be able to wear Milk Chocolate normally because I have hooded eyes, but I can always improvise the look to fit me and still look great!
Semi-Sweet
Milk Chocolate


My full "chocolate" look
My rating on this pallet is definitely a 10/10! It's such a one-of-a-kind pallet, the shades are gorgeous and exactly what I was needing in a pallet, and every shadow is so easy to apply and blend that it makes doing eye makeup a dream! Also...it smells like chocolate...and the packaging looks like a chocolate bar. You can't get much better than that! ;-)

I highly recommend this pallet to anyone who is looking for a great eye shadow pallet with neutral colors...especially if you have blue or green eyes since browns make blue and green pop! If you are looking for more colors, especially for summer time, you can also look into getting their Sweet Peach pallet, which is basically the same concept but with more lighter shades as well as some neutrals. Too Faced is a high end brand so the products are pricey, but they are absolutely worth it since they will last you a long time!

I hope you guys enjoyed this review! I'll be back on here Wednesday to talk about another beauty product so I hope you guys come back to check it out! Make sure you are following me on Instagram (@ktparte) and SnapChat (partepickle) to keep up with my latest new products and swatches!

I hope you all have a wonderful day! 💋



No comments:

Post a Comment