Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Beauty Wednesday: DevaCurl Shampoo, Conditioner, and Styling Cream

Hey everybody, and happy Wednesday! I hope everyone's week has been going well so far! We are halfway to the weekend, and I'm so excited about that because I have a three day weekend for my birthday! :)
Today I'm going to review three products that I've been using for about six months now, and those products are:


For those who don't follow me on any kind of social media, I have very thick and curly hair. Up until I heard of shampoos that don't lather to help curls and frizz in my kind of hair, I was always using regular shampoos and conditions like Suave and Pantene ProV. I got a the set of this cleanser, conditioner, and styling cream for Christmas, and I was ecstatic to finally try out a product that was made for hair like mine! The no lather part worried me a little bit because I like lather so I'm sure the product is really cleaning (same deal with facial cleanser). I was pretty happy with the results I got from all of these products, though. :)

The Cleanser, aka shampoo, looks exactly like a conditioner would. It's a white creamy texture, and it doesn't lather up at all in your hair or on your hands. You need to make sure you're still scrubbing down to your scalp to make sure you're definitely cleaning everything, though. When you have thick hair, this can be difficult, but I found that as long as I keep scrubbing as I rinse the cleanser out then it'll work just as well, and it makes it easier to move my hair around.

The conditioner is like any other conditioner so there's not too much to review on this one. It definitely untangles your hair and leaves it nice and silky smooth. Both this conditioner and the cleanser have kind of an orange zest smell to them mixed with the coconut scent due to the milk within the products. It's not overbearing, and it's pretty refreshing to me.


My only issue with these two product is that they make my hair shed a lot...and I mean A LOT! I don't have bald spots or anything like what Wei consumers experienced, but it really worried me in the beginning that I might get them when I saw how much my hair would shed. I'm really glad it never got to be anything serious, though. My hair is still just as thick as it always has been, and I've had no issues with baldness or thin spots of hair on my head. Of course, shedding as much as this product has made me shed isn't very comforting or pleasant. Haha



Now, the Styling Cream is probably my favorite product. It took me a few times of using it to kind of measure how much of it my hair needed and how to evenly apply it to my hair to give me the results I wanted, but even when I just started using it I loved how it made my hair look. A little bit of this product goes a long way! I literally use one pump of the product and it covers all the hair on my head! It reduces frizz quite a bit, it gives a nice and smooth texture to your hair, and it never gets sticky or crusty after it sets as long as you didn't leave any thick globs anywhere. 



I'm sure everyone with natural curly hair knows that you shouldn't brush your hair after you style it or it dries, but I'm just going to reinforce that instruction. DO NOT BRUSH YOUR HAIR! Once you've styled your hair, if you brush it, it will straighten out. When it dries after that, it will leave your hair looking like a thick, wavy afro on your head. This cream requires you to scrunch your hair to help spread the product and get your hair in the curls you desire. As long as you do not brush through your hair, and I mean with a brush, comb, or even your fingers, then your hair will come out with the curls you love!





All of these products working together do an amazing job with keeping my hair under control, and it's amazing since I haven't been able to tame it this well my entire life! I would never wear my hair down if it wasn't straight because of how crazy it would look. Now, I wear my hair down almost all the time. The only time I pull it back is to get it out of my face or if I need to cool off and uncover the back of my neck. DevaCurl's product really do work miracle to me, and they're my holy grail hair products!




As for their ratings...I am going to give both the cleanser and conditioner the same rating, which is an 8/10. If it wasn't for the shedding, it would be perfect, but it really does make my hair shed a lot and it makes my showers longer trying to keep it all from going down and clogging the drain.

The styling cream I will rank a 9/10. It doesn't completely eliminate the frizz that I get, and sometimes I'll need to pair it with another product to keep the frizz just about gone, but, other than that, this product is amazing!

Well, that's it for this post! I will absolutely continue using DevaCurl and probably try more of their products out sometime soon! I hope you guys enjoyed reading my review, and I hope it helped any of you who have been either looking for a good hair product to use or have been thinking of whether or not to try this out!

Don't forget to follow me for all my mini-reviews and blog post updates on my Instagram (ktparte) and Snapchat (partepickle)!

I hope everyone has a great day! ðŸ’‹

No comments:

Post a Comment