Monday, July 25, 2016

Makeup Monday: Who Is She Cosmetics Lip Composites

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!

For those of you who follow my Instagram, I know I put up my TooFaced eye shadow looks, but I decided today I would finally put my review down for a product I've had for a while that is just one of a kind...that product would be the lip composite from Who Is She Cosmetics! :)

I first heard of this brand not long after I joined Instagram. Someone I followed posted these gorgeous lip swatches of the lip composites, and I just fell in love! About a month later, I was able to buy four of the composite colors, and I ended up getting a free fifth one by surprise! I've done my mini-reviews on Instagram with these little guys, but I really feel like I need to designate a blog post about them because they deserve the attention!

To start, Who is She Cosmetics is an online brand/company, and is completely Vegan and Cruelty Free! Right now, the Lip Composites are their only product, but, if you follow them on Instagram (@whoisshecosmetics), you will see their new products in the making...highlighters!!!! ^_^ I can't wait for those to launch! I'm dying to try them out, especially if they're as impressive as their lip composites!

I copied and pasted this next bit of info from their website to explain what the Lip Composites are before I start my review on the product:

What is a Lip Composite?
It's Part lipstick.
Part Lip Gloss.
Part Lip Stain and Part Magical all Mixed up in a 5g Pot of Beautiful Color!
That is what a Lip Composite is!

Ok, now onto the review!

When I received these products, I thought the packaging was so cute! The lip composites are in the little pots, and you just use a lip brush to scoop some out and apply it to your lips. A little bit goes a long way with these, too, and you can mix them up for different color looks! They are very metallic, which I love, and they're probably more glossy than they are a lipstick, but the formula feels so good on my lips! It's creamy and buildable. It's not uncomfortable sticky, but the color will transfer. Now, even though the color will transfer, you do get a stain on your lips to hold the look together so it doesn't look patchy throughout the day. When I tested out my darkest color (Sinner), I only had to reapply it once during the day, and that was after lunch. The color was still there, but the metallic/gloss wasn't so I just felt the need to reapply it to get the shine back. :) It wasn't very necessary, though. 


Of all the colors that this brand offers in Lip Composites, I got Angelic, Mystique, Sinner, Silent Rose, and my freebie was Fools Gold. I've done swatches and video applications on my Instagram to show everyone how easily these can be applied, and how gorgeous they all are from the pot to my lips. There are much better lip swatches on their website since zoomed in cell phone pictures aren't exactly the best quality. ;) These are the best swatches I was able to get pics of when I applied them, though. I'm pretty happy with the outcomes! 

All of these colors can be worn with just about any outfit or look...except Fool's Gold would be the exception on my end. My skin is fair, and I have blue eyes and dirty blonde hair so a green lip color isn't really anything I go reaching for, but this color is absolutely lovely! Given, I'll probably only be wearing it on St. Patrick's Day, but I'm willing to find other times to wear it, too, just because I can't let that beauty be wasted!

As for my rating on these little guys, I would rate them a 9/10 in my book just because they do transfer, which means they can make things a little messy. Other than that, I love them! They are all in my makeup bag that I take with me every day to work, and they are always one of my main options of lip colors that I choose for the day. I recommend these to everyone who love lip colors and especially metallic, glossy lip colors! I'm definitely going to be getting more colors sometime in the future, and once their highlighters launch, you can bet I'll be getting my hands on those, too!

Check out the Who Is She Cosmetics website to learn all there is to learn about this brand, and check out their products! If you have Instagram, follow @whoisshecosmetics to keep up with their new products and the colors/swatches of what they have now!

No, this blog was not sponsored in any way, shape, or form, I'm just a huge fan of this brand/company, and I just love their products and their service! They're very unique and friendly, and just very innovative and creative with their products. <3

That wraps up this review! I hope everyone is off to a great start of this week so far, and I hope the rest of your Monday goes well! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram @ktparte if you haven't already, and you'll see all my mini-reviews that may not have made it to my blog yet! You'll also be more up to date whenever I receive new products, which I'm expecting a couple goodies to be coming soon, including my first Boxy Charm box! I'm excited! :)

Anyways, have a great day everyone, and I hope you come back next time! ðŸ’‹

No comments:

Post a Comment