Monday, July 11, 2016

Makeup Monday: ColourPop Ultra Metallics

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!

Before I get on to my review, I have to share something from yesterday night. I actually got surprise early birthday gifts from my fiance, Josh, one of which was a new makeup bag! I absolutely love it! My old one was getting way overstuffed to the point where I had to carry some makeup in my purse. The new bag Josh got me isn't even close to being full, and I'm so thrilled about that! Plus, it's so cute and has a little attitude. ;) I honestly couldn't believe he got me something makeup related, but he definitely hit a home run with this gift! He never fails to make me happy with the little things! ^_^ I am a very lucky woman!
 Ok, onto my review that I've been dying to do for you guys!!! It's time to talk about the ColourPop Ultra Metallic Lippies! They've stocked these suckers three times, and all three times they've sold out in MINUTES! I actually had to purchase two at a time because my first order, two of the four had sold out before I could get my hands on them. I literally set a reminder on my phone to go off when the restock happened so I could get the last two I needed, and I didn't swatch any of them until I had them all. After trying the Ultra Satin Lippie that I reviewed in a previous blog, I had to have these. Plus, I'm a sucker for metallic colors. ;)

ColourPop Ultra Metallic Lippies
First thing's first, and that's to let you know what colors all these pretty products are! From top to bottom you have: 3-Way, Kween, Zebra, and Man Eater. The first two colors I bought I didn't think I would like because they're dark and they were 3-Way and Zebra. I fell in love with those two! The pigment on all of these are amazing! I actually would wear every single one of these colors at any time because they're all gorgeous and can go with so many looks!

I know there have been many mixed reviews from others who have used these, mainly about the applicator wand. The wands probably could be better, but they're not awful. One of mine has a wand that doesn't have so much felt on the front of it, but applying the color using the back of the wand works perfectly fine so it's not something I can seriously complain about on any scale.

My own lip swatches
When comparing my thoughts to NikkiTutorials thoughts in her review video (which I've linked again...lol), I have to say that I honestly wonder if she judged these based on the swatches on her hand. I did swatches on my arm (video on my Instagram of my arm swatches), which came out perfectly fine but not with one swipe. I got the same results as Nikki did when just swiping the applicator across my skin. However, when I applied the color to my lips, I never needed to re-dip the wand to get more product. I know Jeffree Starr reviewed these and had to dip the wand many times while applying Man Eater, but that just goes to show how everyone has a different experience with their makeup. In the end, my experience showed me that the texture is smooth and creamy, and the color just applies so evenly and easily that I could never say that these products are a fail! They're a huge success in my eyes!

As you can see in the image above, those are my lip swatches. My lighting is never perfect because I just don't have good lighting in my home, but you can just see how pigmented those colors are and how they definitely have full coverage. Now...these are NOT transfer-proof. I repeat...NOT transfer-proof! They do not transfer a lot of color, but I do recommend blotting your lips after applying these to minimize how much color will go when you kiss someone or drink out of your favorite cups. That being said, these are also NOT sticky! That's a huge plus! They feel like nothing on your lips...at most they feel like a super light mousse.

Neutral Look Called for Man Eater
Note: NOT my Walmart trip look ;)
The formula of these colors are seriously wonderful, and I think ColourPop did an amazing job with getting these metals to work and feel the way they do on your skin/mouth. Overall, I would rate these an 8/10. I would absolutely LOVE to give these a full 10/10, but from a technical standpoint, they do transfer some and the applicators could be better. I am not at all disappointed in these, though. These are going to my some of my holy grail lip colors that I will always be reaching for when doing my makeup! I literally wore Man Eater out to Walmart the other day with nothing else on my face just because I wanted to wear one of these so much! Haha! I know...I'm ridiculous. :-P

Anyways, that wraps up my review! I hope you all enjoyed, and for any of you who got a chance to get any of these for yourself, let me know what you think of them! I would love to hear other feedback to compare different experiences with these products!

Don't forget to follow me for more updates/mini-reviews on products on my Instagram (ktparte).

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!! ðŸ’‹

No comments:

Post a Comment