Friday, July 15, 2016

Casual Friday: My Birthday Weekend!

Hello everyone, and happy Friday! I'm so happy this weekend has finally made it since it's my birthday weekend! My birthday falls on Monday so I took that day off work to give myself a little extra weekend to relax on and spend with my fiancé. He's always off on Mondays since he works Saturdays so I always enjoy having a full two days off to spend with him when I get them. ^_^

I've already gotten some early birthday gifts that I'm loving! My fiancé got me my new makeup bag that I posted about on Monday, and I've been using it every single day because I just love it, and it lets me keep my makeup so much more organized than I ever used to be able to before!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD w/amiibo
He also got me the game Catherine, which I played years ago but could never beat. The game came up a few more times in the GameGrumps YouTube videos, and that got me in the mood to try and finish the game. My only problem was that I couldn't download it onto Josh's (fiancé) Xbox360 because it took up way too much bandwidth so the download would freeze itself and everything else using the internet in the house. I'm so glad he got me the disc because I was able to beat it the other day! :)

He also got me another game I've never beaten from my absolute favorite series...The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. I previously own this game for the Wii, but the controls stunk, I got stuck in the game, and I never went back to finish it off. I don't even know where that game is anymore, but Josh got me a WiiU two Christmases ago so I'm able to play the HD version now. I also have another LoZ amiibo to add to my collection! :)


L to R: Automatic Touch, Matte About You, Cinematic Kiss
Yesterday, I received an early birthday gift containing three of the Milani Amorré Metallic Liquid Lipsticks. If you follow me on Instagram (ktparte), you would have seen the swatches I did on my arm of them because I just couldn't wait to see what they looked like! I got Automatic Touch (pink/purple), Cinematic Kiss (light pink), and Matte About You (pink/coral), and I love every single one of them! I'll probably do a comparison blog Monday on these and the ColourPop Ultra Metallics. I may include my whoisshecosmetics Lip Composites, too, since I've been needing to post a review on their products but have never gotten around to getting them done. I've had plenty of mini reviews on my Instagram, but that's it. Haha Those lip composites are definitely unique and lovely, and I enjoy wearing those, too!
Alaskan King Crab Legs...Mmmmmm

Out of all of these things I've gotten so far, my favorite present always comes from Josh because every year for my birthday he takes me out to dinner. We go to the same place every year, and I always get Alaskan King Crab legs! Yum!!!!! I always enjoy the quality time we get to spend together outside the house when we are on our own doing our own things, and I love that this "birthday tradition" happened because I had never been to this restaurant before when he first brought me there four years ago. He knew I would love that restaurant, and it's so nice knowing that's something we will always have for my birthday! <3



Anyways, I think that's it for this post! I'll be updating everyone on my Instagram whenever I get new gifts! I know I'm getting more makeup for my birthday so keep an eye out for pics, swatches, and first impressions! :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day and weekend!  💋

No comments:

Post a Comment