Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Makeup Monday: ColourPop Ultra Metallics vs. Milani Amore Metallics

Hey everyone! I know it's Tuesday, but since I decided to take a break on my birthday (yesterday), I decided to post Makeup Monday's post today! I've been dying to get this review/comparison of first impressions out there so let's get to it!

As you all know from my previous blog and Instagram postings, I got the four shades of the ColourPop Ultra Metallic liquid lipsticks, and I absolutely love them! I also received three of the Milani Amore Metallic liquid lipsticks Thursday evening and posted about them Friday letting everyone know how excited I was about them and how gorgeous they are!

Well, throughout that day, I noticed pretty big differences between the two metallics that actually threw me off guard since I've heard the reviews that NikkiTutorials and Jeffree Star gave them. I actually have a somewhat different first impression review on these guys that I just didn't expect, but it's a good thing because it shows how everyone has different experiences with makeup, and we all have different preferences.

ColourPop Ultra Metallic Liquid Lipstick
Ok...to start off, let's get back to my ColourPop Ultra Metallics review that you can read here. In this review, I go over how moussey and creamy and non-drying these lipsticks are. They give off a gorgeous metallic look without caking or peeling your lips. The main downside with these guys was the that they aren't transfer-proof. I would blot them after applying them to my lips to make the transfer less, but it still never stopped the color from clinging onto my coffee mug.

An update to this review is how long-wearing this liquid lipstick really is regardless of the fact that it transfers. My fiancé took me out to eat for my birthday, and I wore Man Eater with my makeup look when we went out. I ate New England Clam Chowder, bread, a salad, and crab legs. Right before we got up to leave, I asked Josh if my lipstick looked crazy, and he said, "No, it looks normal". Sure enough, I got in the car, checked the mirror, and even though you can tell color did wear off, my lips still looked perfectly fine with an even layer of color on them. I couldn't believe it! I never would've thought that they would've stuck so well after all the food and drinks I put it through that night! I'm seriously amazed, and that just made me love these liquid lipsticks even more!

Milani Amore Metallic Liquid Lipstick
Onto Milani's Amore Metallic liquid lipsticks...

When I swatched them, they were gorgeous! They applied so evenly, had a creamy texture, and they smelled like vanilla cupcakes! The first time I wore them, I wore them all together. I put Matte About You on for my base, made a little ombre with Cinematic Kiss, then added a touch of a purple hue with Automatic Touch. Keep in mind, I had chapstick on underneath these. They didn't seem drying at all, and I loved the way the colors blended out and looked on my lips! They were absolutely stunning. I made a video clip to show that these liquid lipsticks are 100% transfer-proof, too! I drank my coffee without worrying how much product would get on my mug because nothing would transfer. I was so happy with these guys, and I was thinking how Jeffree Star and Nikki were right about how well they looked with the coverage and how they didn't dry out yet didn't transfer!

Then, lunch time hit...a lunch that I actually didn't eat anything but a few spoonfuls of peanut butter. By this time, I looked at the lipstick in my mirror and I could see how it dried out...a lot. It settled in to every crack on my lips and started peeling well before I knew. Half of the lipstick on my bottom lip was completely gone! I applied a little more of Automatic Touch and, since the chapstick was gone by now, I immediately felt it dry out. It also clumped up and peeled some more on the other layers I still had on my lips. At this point, I thought maybe it's because I shouldn't have put all three colors on, so I used makeup remover to take every single bit off of my lips and applied Cinematic Kiss by itself. Again, I didn't use chapstick underneath. Not even five minutes later, my lips felt like they had shriveled up from being so dry. They also started clumping and peeling again. At this point I realized that I did have chapstick on the first time so that's probably why I never noticed the drying before. I took out some lip balm and put a light layer on top of the lipstick to moisten my lips back up...and then the color started transferring. -_- I really just couldn't win with these guys.

Now, the colors are still absolutely stunning, and I will continue to use the Milani Metallics plenty, but they just disappointed me for my first impression of them. I had my hopes way up because a lot of people put these ahead of ColourPop's Ultra Metallics, but, after my own experience, I would prefer ColourPop's over Milani's 100% of the time. I just think they're formula came out better, or at least in a way that I prefer more. I used to think I would never like a liquid lipstick that transferred over one that didn't, but I definitely do in this case. ColourPop's liquid lipsticks are just way more moisturizing and comfortable to wear all day, while Milani's gets too dry to where it starts to clump and peel.

Therefore, my overall first impressions review comparing both of these would rank ColourPop as the winner. Milani is amazing, their colors are gorgeous, and I love their products, but their metallic liquid lipsticks just fell short for me. :(

That wraps up this review! I hope everyone has a great day, and don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Snapchat to stay updated with what's going on!


IG: ktparte
SC: partepickle


No comments:

Post a Comment