Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Beauty Review: Philosophy Skincare

Oh my goodness, I just do not know where to start!

If you read my previous blog post, you saw that I got lots of Philosophy goodies from Ulta over the weekend, which was mostly skincare products. I've used them all for a few days now, and they're amazing!  I wanted to do a review on these products so all my readers would have a good insight into Philosophy's products since I had never actually heard about them before this weekend (a girl on a budget...haha). 

The products (and links to them) I will be reviewing in this blog are:


I got the Living Grace Body Emulsion sample, too, but I haven't used that one to its potential so I don't want to review something I haven't gotten enough use from. From what I have noticed so far, it's a good product and very moisturizing to the skin. It's also bubbly. ^_^

The first thing I want to talk about is the Take a Deep Breath Oil-Free Gel Cream. First off, the scent of this stuff is absolutely amazing! It makes me feel like I'm out in nature enjoying the breeze in the air and the smell of freshness all around. That in itself has me addicted! Aside from that, this is probably the best product for my face that I have ever used! It's a very lightweight product, and it doesn't make my skin greasy and oily like a lot of other moisturizers I have used in the past. I have combination skin so my face will be dry and then just overproduce oils so by the time I moisturize it (which is every morning and night), my face is full of oil by the middle of the day (if it even takes that long). This moisturizer goes on smooth and silky, but it literally lets your skin breathe so it doesn't overproduce any oils, not to mention that the product itself contains no oil! It's more like it receives the moisture perfectly and just lets my face be. It's so incredibly amazing!

As for the eye gel, that stuff is SUPER hydrating! I've been using the Hope in a Jar for Eyes morning and night because that specifically targets dark circles, puffiness, and wrinkles (anti-aging),but during the day I like to dab some of this on to keep my eyes feeling hydrated. You can put it over your makeup as long as you rub it in. Just dab a small amount on and your eye just feel super refreshed and alive again! ^_^

Speaking of the Hope in a Jar, I don't think I've met with a better eye cream that targets anti-aging so well. The moisturizer is also incredible! 

Eye Cream: Now, I know I'm 28 and I look like I'm about 18 (according to the Philosophy rep I spoke with at Ulta, anyways) so I don't need anti-aging treatment, but I do have dark circles that love to taunt me. Given, I know I stay up late and get up early, but anything to slow down the signs of aging due to myself not getting enough rest would always be wonderful, and this product does that! My eyes look and feel awake in the mornings after I put this on with my facial moisturizer, and I love it! The scent is beautiful and fresh, and it's just very refreshing to have on my eyes first thing in the morning and when I go to sleep at night. There hasn't been a huge change in my circles, but I've noticed subtle changes since I started using this product. My eyes haven't been puffy in the mornings since I've had this product on my eyes at night, and they really do look more awake once I apply this in the morning. I've taken the worst selfies with my tired eyes to prove that I can't hide how tired I am, but now I think I actually could! ;)

Moisturizer: I've mainly been using this product as a night cream right now because it's hot outside, and this moisturizer doesn't allow the skin to breathe as much because it's anti-aging targeted...so it hydrates and firms. Being that it's hot out, it just wouldn't be the best idea to use this during the day because my skin will definitely get oily from my skin not breathing and oxidizing as much to control the oils in my face. However, wearing this at night (and what will be in the winter season), this stuff works like a charm. My face isn't oily when I wake up, it feels soft and firm, and I love it! I almost can't wait to try it out with the actual night cream when Winter rolls around! 

Moving on to the cleanser and exfoliating wash...
Again, the scents are absolutely wonderful! The Purity cleanser gives you a light lather while washing your skin, which I didn't get from my last cleanser. It rinses off and leaves your skin feeling so clean and ready for the day! 

As for the exfoliating scrub, it absolutely works wonders, but I will advise anyone to not be too rough with this product. The exfoliating scrub I used before had bigger scrubbing beads so you could work it into yours skin almost as much as you wanted to,  but this scrub has micro-beads and acts like a micro-dermabrasion scrub. You definitely work the dead skin off with little effort, that's for sure! If you work it too hard, your skin will let you know by turning red, which did happen to me my first time using this product due to the lack of experience I have with anything like this. 

Aside from my own misuse, when used properly, it definitely cleans your skin, and once you rinse it off, putting on moisturizer makes you feel like your in heaven! Your face is baby skin soft, and you just won't want to stop touching it! ;)

My rankings on these products are all very high. 
- Take a Deep Breath moisturizer - 10/10
- Eye gel - 8/10 mainly because it really only serves the purpose of hydrating
- Hope in a Jar for Eyes - 9/10 for now...I'm leaving the extra point to see how it does long-term
- Hope in a Jar moisturizer - 9/10 for now...going to wait to see how it holds up in the Winter when I 
  can use it the way it should be used.
- Purity cleanser - 10/10
- Microdelivery Exfoliating scrub - 10/10

I believe all of these products do an amazing job and keeping my skin feel fresh, soft, and looking amazing! I would recommend the Philosophy Skin Care products to anyone as it will definitely be something I'll be using for quite a while!

Thanks for stopping by! I appreciate any comments and feedback on your thoughts if you've used Philosophy products, what you think of them, or even if you have any questions about them. Also, if you have any feedback on how I can make my blog better or more interesting for you, please let me know!

I will leave links to all of these products below!

Feel free to follow me on Instagram and Snapchat!
IG: ktparte
SC: partepickle

Have a great day everyone! *kisses*



No comments:

Post a Comment