Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Makeup Review: E.l.f. Brushes

Hello again and Happy Hump Day! :)

Today, I'm going to mix things up a little bit and talk about makeup TOOLS instead of an actual makeup product! For anyone who can't afford brushes from places like Sigma or MAC then keep on reading because this post is going to give you information on a whole set of brushes you could get for under $20 total! Anyone who's ever shopped at Walmart or Target (or ya know...read the title of this blog lol) knows I'm talking about the E.l.f. brushes! I'm going to go over the brushes that I've used before, and that includes some from the black handle line and some from the white handle line...aka the Studio and the Essentials lines.

Contour "C" Eye Shadow Brush
I have to start off with the eye brushes because I use them the most. The first time I purchased E.l.f. brushes, I only had the Studio options available to me so I got the Contour "C" brush and the Contour brush.

Contour Eye Shadow Brush
 Keep in mind, I had no idea what brushes I needed for what purpose because this was the start of my "learning how to makeup" journey. LoL I would use the Contour "C" brush to pack color onto my lid, and that worked pretty well. The bristles were soft, and it got the color on my lid the way it should, but I think the brush was too dense for what I was trying to use it for.

I basically had the same experience with the Contour brush. I was using for my crease color, which worked out well, but the brush was very dense. However, I believe I needed the denseness, in this case, because I didn't want the color getting everywhere. At the same time, I didn't know I needed a different brush to blend, so I ended up trying to use this one to blend, which didn't work out as well. Haha! The bristles are soft on this brush, too, but because I was using it the wrong way, the denseness didn't feel too good on my eyes when trying to blend. It works perfectly when applying color to your eye crease, though, which I believe is what it's supposed to be used for. :)

After using these brushes for a while, my Walmart finally got the Essentials brushes in so I was able to try them out.

Blending and Shadow brushes
From that set, I replaced my studio brushes with the E.l.f Eye Shadow Brush and the Blending Eye brush. I still was going to use my Contour brush for my crease because my Walmart had a limited assortment. The bristles of the Essentials brushes I actually thought were much softer than the Studio eye brushes, but when it came to what they needed to do, they did just as well as the Studios. I will always choose a softer brush over a rough one, though, so the shadow brush is here to stay, and the blending brush worked beautifully! I no longer have to swirl around dense bristles that don't blend! The blending brush is probably my favorite just because of its soft and gentleness, but it really blends your colors out very evenly and smoothly.

Bronzing Brush
As for the face brushes, I think the only Essentials brush I use is the Bronzing Brush because I never had a problem with the original Studio brush I was using, which was the Complexion brush. I didn't used to use bronzer for a while, but when I felt that I should, that's when I decided to get a brush for it, and it works wonderfully! It gets the color on evenly, makes it look smooth and blended, and the brush itself feels so soft on the skin. I also used this brush to apply my blush, contour, and highlight. I have a powder contour, so this brush makes it easy to build the contour color up rather than applying too much at once and looking muddy the rest of the day. It's very light and flimsy so it's hard to apply too much product at once with it.

Complexion Brush
The Complexion brush really worked wonders for applying my foundations and powders! Again, this has super soft bristles, and it felt amazing putting product on because of how smooth and soft this brush felt. It applying the product evenly, and it blended to your skin to make everything look natural.
Blending Brush

My most recent brush is absolutely one of my favorites of all of these! That brush is the new Beautifully Bare Blending Brush! It's short and thick, soft, has a great fan shape, and has completely taken over my bronzing brush (on occasion)! I love this thing! It applies my bronzer so nicely, it applies and blends out my contour perfectly, and I will even use it very lightly for my highlight. I continue to use my bronzing brush for blush, but if anything needs to be blended out, this is the brush I use! It's so soft (I feel like I've said this too much...all E.l.f. brushes are soft lol), and it's just a dream to have!

One thing I didn't mention in any of these reviews is that none of these brushes have shed since I started using them. That's pretty amazing to me considering the textures of the brushes and how much I've used them for everything almost every day! These also all sell from $1-$6, which is super affordable for great quality! I would recommend anyone to try out the E.l.f. brushes because they're all wonderful. I don't feel comfortable doing a ranking on them because of how I know I've used some of them the wrong way so all I will say is that these are must haves for any look you're going for! :)

That wraps up this post! I hope you all enjoyed! Feel free to leave me a comment, +1 the post, and/or follow my blog for more reviews and stuff about me! You can also find me on Instagram and Snapchat!

IG: ktparte
SC: partepickle

Thanks everyone, and have a great day! *kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment