Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Dupe Tuesday: Oval Brush Dupe for Artis Oval 6 Brush

Hey everyone! I hope you're all having a wonderful week so far!

I've decided to switch things up today and do a dupe post because...who doesn't like knowing about what dupes are out there? I love finding new stuff that compared to the more expensive products and work just as well! I don't have all the money in the world to spend on cosmetics and brushes and skincare so I improvise and find stuff on YouTube and/or Amazon!

Today's post is going to be on the DoColor Oval Brush, which is a great dupe for the Artis Oval 6 Brush. This is probably going to be a shorter post compared to the others, but I'm sure you guys won't mind. If you do, just let me know in the comments! ^_^

First off...when you have an option to pay $4 for a brush compared to $55, why not try it, right?

First thing I noticed after receiving the brush was that it was in a very plain box. I wasn't surprised considering it was a $4 brush. It's also a plastic brush, which I also expected. Now, I did do my research on these. There are cheaper ones out there, but so many comments said how the brush was rough, the handle was too flimsy and broke, or even that the whole thing of bristles fell off the brush! This particular brush had no comments like that so I felt comfortable paying the couple dollars extra for a little more peace of mind. Nothing was broken when I received this item, the bristles have yet to shed, and everything is just great!

I immediately got my foundation out to see how well this brush blended out my makeup. This brush can be used for foundation, concealer, and contour, and I used them for all of those things in my makeup look! The foundation blended beautifully and with not a whole lot of effort. I was extremely pleased with the results of how well it came out. The brush didn't absorb any of the foundation either. The bristles are super soft, but dense so they don't pull any product in and waste it.

The same thing happened with the concealer. I did end up using a beauty blender under my eyes, though, because I pat the makeup on there so my dark circles get covered, but everywhere else, I blended it with my DoColor oval brush. Again, smooth and natural looking blended to the makeup, and I was very pleased!

When it came to the contour, I was using the Lorac Pro Contour Pallet with powder products, which, a lot of you may know, are very pigmented. I picked up a little bit with the brush, and it still applied kind of heavy. Considering the density of this brush, I kind of expected that to happen. Even though it went on a little heavy, the brush blended it out wonderfully. I then tried using the power on just the side of the brush to maybe get a little less powder, and that seemed to work well. It still blended how I wanted it to, and none of it looked too dark or like I had too much contour on my face.

Overall, I would say this brush is a very good dupe to the Artis. It blends just as well as the Artis does with just as little effort. Even though it is plastic compared to a quality metal, it's still pretty durable, and both of them have very soft bristles that I could just rub on my face all day! I would definitely recommend this dupe to anyone looking for something like the Artis Oval 6 but at a more affordable price!

Don't forget to keep up with me on Instagram - ktparte - and Snapchat - partepickle - ! Definitely feel free to leave me comments, feedback, or questions in the comments section! I love to hear from everyone!

Have a wonderful day! *kisses*


1 comment:

  1. I need this so bad! Ive been wanting to try them forever!! Def next paycheck haha

    ReplyDelete