Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Makeup Review: Milani Cosmetics

Hey everyone! Welcome back to my blog!

Today I'm going to talk about one of the most well-liked drugstore brand, Milani! I'm a huge fan of their products, but there are some that just don't work for everyone so I thought I would give a little insight to the products I've used, my review on them, and their ranking according to how the product works for me! I hope this comes in handy to anyone who's been looking into purchasing any of these items!

The products I'm going to review are:
- Conceal + Perfect Foundation
- Baked Blush
- Color Statement Lip liner
- Color Statement Lipstick

First thing's first...let's start with the Conceal + Perfect Foundation.

I absolutely LOVE this product, but my skin tone doesn't match with it. I'm a fair skin tone with pink undertones. This product was made for tanner skin types with yellow undertones. Because of this, when I tried it out, as much as I loved the coverage and the formula, I looked yellow. I own Shade 1, the lightest shade possible, and it still makes my face look yellow compared to my neck and chest. This was such a bummer to me because I had heard nothing but amazing things about this product, and I had been looking for a new foundation to try out so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one, but none of the shades truly match my skin tone. Sure, I could mix it with a lighter shade that had the right undertones, but I would've preferred not having to do that. The foundation itself is actually wonderful and lived up to the reviews. It has full coverage and won't make your face oily throughout the day. It also makes your skin look silky smooth with a subtly dewy look, which I love!

For me, though, I would be rating this foundation about a 8/10, mainly due to the fact that they only come in shades meant for tanned/darker skin tones.

Next, we will go over one of my favorite every day products to use...the Baked Blush!

Funny story...I used to never use blush. My cheeks are already naturally pinker than I would want, and even though foundations do cover it pretty well, some of the pink shows through so I just decided not to risk making myself look like a clown so I didn't use blush. After watching a few YouTubers (Laura Lee and Kathleen Lights for a couple of examples) and heard the mention of the Milani Baked Blush over and over again, I thought I would go give it a try.

I am so happy that I bought this! I got the shade Corallina, and I am about to get Luminescence. This blush doesn't not go on thick, and it's very buildable. This works perfectly for me because I can make my natural color kind of blend in with the blush without my cheeks looking so dark. This product also stays on all day (given that you set it with a setting spray). I've never loved a blush so much before I started using this one! It's my first choice blush whenever I do my makeup, and it had yet to disappoint me.

After my testing and review, this product ranks a 10/10 for me and my needs. :)

Onto the Color Statement Lip liner and Lipstick.

First, I will review the lip liner. I don't think I've used a better one. I have a couple NYX lip liners that I do like, but they're a little more drying, and it takes a lot of application to get color to show sometimes. The Milani lip liner was more moisturizing and literally just glided onto my lips like butter. I really need more of them! They make my lipstick and lip gloss color pop, and they stay on all day. You can even just wear them alone if you'd like!

This product is absolutely a 10/10 right now in my books! It hasn't failed me yet, and is my favorite lip liner so far!

As for the lipstick, it wasn't the best, but it definitely wasn't bad. It is moisturizing, but it doesn't seem to last too long on that level. Pretty much, I would put it on, wear it for an hour or two (not eating...at the most I would be talking to someone), and my lips would start feeling dry again. I would look in the mirror and see the color, but the moisture just goes away and basically makes the lipstick turn into a stain. The colors are rich, which is good, and they apply evenly. The product definitely made my lips feel and look great at first, I just wish it didn't seem to dry out over time.

This one is going down at a 7/10 for me. Everything it should do it does...the points I took off are definitely because of the drying, but that is a personal preference of mine when it comes to my lips. ;)

Overall, I really do recommend Milani to everyone who wants great drugstore products! Your personal preference may differ from mine so please don't take my review as a 100% fact for everyone. There are plenty of products I have used and still use because I love them that others don't like or prefer. I just hope this helps if anyone wants to try something new ^_^

Some other great drugstore brands I can recommend are Maybelline and E.l.f.. I will be doing some reviews and blogging about their products here soon so stay tuned!

Thanks again for stopping by and checking out my blog! Again, feel free to leave comments or feedback or even let me know if there's a product you would like me to review for you, and I'll post a blog on it!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! *kisses*

Don't forget! You can find me on Instagram and Snapchat!

IG: ktparte
SC: partepickle

xoxoxoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment