Friday, June 10, 2016

Casual Friday: A Little Bit About Me, Myself, and I

Hey everyone, and welcome back to my blog!

TGIF!!!
I've decided that I won't be doing makeup or beauty reviews on Fridays because I'm going to leave Fridays as they should be...CASUAL! ^_^ This will be a blog with some more background as to who I am, what I do, and I hope to open up some more questions from you guys that I can answer in my future Causal Friday blogs!

I was born in New Jersey, and I lived there until right before my 13th birthday. That's when my parents and I moved to Virginia. High school was so strange to me since I didn't know anybody, and even when I made friends, I found that not all of them understood the kind of sarcasm I grew up around in NJ. It was funny, but got me in trouble a couple of time. Oops! I actually ended up teaching my best friend how to use sarcasm, and now she uses it more than I do! Haha I played volleyball all four years of high school, and I graduated in 2006.

I did have a high school sweetheart that I had married in 2009, but, right before our 2 year anniversary, I noticed I was going through a crazy phase, and he and I shouldn't have gotten married. We separated not long after I broke the news about wanting a divorce (2011), and our divorce was finalized in 2015 (money issues really postponed getting that done). Mind you, he and I got married when he was 20 and I was almost 21 years old...SUPER young! Plus, life definitely had its ways of letting me know when things weren't right...so I listened and we moved on. He's remarried with a baby girl (which I was so happy to hear about), and I'm engaged to the love of my life whom I've been with since early 2012.

Anyways, that's the nitty gritty background story of my life summed up in two paragraphs. The little things that I can say about me are that I enjoy sleeping A LOT! I do like to play video games, especially if they're puzzle/adventure based (Legend of Zelda is my all time favorite series), and my fiancé enjoys playing League of Legends.

I got into beauty and makeup late last year when I watched a bunch of tutorials on how to do the tricks I couldn't figure out. That got me into learning about what kinds of makeup are out there and how to use them properly. This opened my eyes so much! I've never been one to wear makeup because I know I don't need to wear it. My fiancé doesn't even like me wearing it, and that's perfectly fine. I got to enjoying the practice of how to apply it and how I can make myself look. I love to try all the different brands, especially when I can compare high end to drugstore brands, and I absolutely love skincare products...when they're good, of course.

I've been back and forth about starting a YouTube channel, but my life is way too busy at this time to focus on that right now. Plus, I don't have any space to setup a camera, proper lights, and all my makeup. Maybe when my fiancé and I get our own place then I can have a spare room to work with, but nothing regarding me being on YouTube will be happening anytime soon. That's why I decided to go to Instagram, Snapchat, and blogging! ^_^

Well, that's about all I can think of in terms of the basics about me and what got me into makeup. I didn't want to make this a huge long autobiography so if you guys have any questions you would like to ask me about my life or hobbies, feel free to comment the question below, and I will have an answer for you in next Friday's blog!

Feel free to follow me on Instagram (ktparte) and Snapchat (partepickle) to keep up with my looks for the day and just the stuff I do when I'm bored...like play around with all the Snapchat filters. Haha

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you all have a great day! *kisses*

No comments:

Post a Comment