Monday, June 27, 2016

Makeup Review: L'OREAL Infallible 24-Hour Pro Matte Foundation

L'OREAL Infallible 24-hour Pro Matte Foundation
Happy Makeup Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! To kick off this week, I'm going to review one of the biggest hits out there right now...the L'OREAL Infallible 24-hour Pro Matte Foundation! I've linked this to Walmart's site because you can find it at Walmart stores, and it's cheaper there than getting it at Ulta ($10.50 vs $12.99). Some stores may have it even cheaper that that so keep your eyes peeled! :)

Everyone has been raving about this new foundation, and, to be honest, the first thing that popped into my head was "Oh man...another foundation to try out after I already have like...5 foundations." LoL Of course, the beauty of reviewing products is getting to try out a whole bunch of new things, which also means owning a bunch of different products. So of course, I went out and got this item to try it out and see what all the hype was about.

I love the packaging this comes in! It's not a pump, but it's a little squeeze bottle, which is pretty much the same thing to me. It makes it easy to apply small amounts of product without having to get your hands or fingers dirty (if you don't want to use them). The foundation comes out as a nice and smooth creamy formula, and it's not heavy or cakey or even very thick.

Finished look with the foundation
Now...to make things clear...even though it's called the Pro Matte Foundation, it states on the bottle that it is Demi-Matte so it's not completely a full on matte finish like a powder or even the Maybelline FitMe Foundation would be. That being said, I'm actually happy about that because I prefer my powder to make me look matte. I feel like if the foundation and the powder did, then the powder would make my foundation look cakey, which nobody likes.

Once I applied the product, I saw that it blended out beautifully! I had gotten the perfect shade for me, which almost never happens, and I fell in love with how great and even it looked after blending out on my skin. Because it's demi-matte, it left my skin with this lovely dewy finish. It didn't look oily by any means, it did a great job hiding my pores, it made my skin look healthy and moisturized, and it looked well enough to where I didn't want to set it with powder...even though I knew I had to if I wanted my makeup to last. I pretty much fell in love with this product after I saw how great it made my skin look!

I've officially succumbed to this foundation! It's definitely one of the foundations I will use most often, but it'll have to be when I'm not self tanned. It's perfect for my fair skin tone, and I'm absolutely hooked on it!

My rating for this foundation is a 9/10, and that's because the only thing I wish of it is that it had SPF in it. It would really make this a perfect foundation! I still recommend this to anyone, though. They have an assortment of shades, and I like how the lighter/fair shades have the pink undertones to them to match my skin. That's an issue I had with the lighter Milani shades in their 2-in-1 foundation since those have yellow undertones.

Anyways, that's it for today! I hope you guys enjoyed, and feel free to leave me some love in the comments or "+1" this post if you found it helpful!

You can follow me on Instagram and Snapchat (partepickle), too!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! *kisses*


No comments:

Post a Comment